Friday 20 March 2015

DRAFT EVALUATION 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?





















From my preliminary work I have learnt a lot of skills and how to present my work effectively. I think that I have made a huge improvement from my preliminary magazine to the final product as you can see above. When I was designing and making my preliminary magazine I don't think that the aspect of the magazine and how I would make it appeal to my target audience. I first started out with my flat plans which I had to redraw as I wanted to redesign the magazine by taking into consideration my target audience, who would buy it, how it would represent by brand name 'Hipnotised' and how people would think of t compared to the other magazines on the market, such as 'THE FADER' & 'NME' & 'Q'.

When redesigning my flat plan I had my preliminary magazine print outs with the teachers notes on it so that I could improv on the annotations made. All this helped my make my final media product which you see today. I prefer the simple and clean look of the my final music magazine, whereas my preliminary work the cover line was too big and the second cover line with artists on was positioned over the photo which I didn't like afterwards as it detracts from the overall photo. I took the picture and then edited my putting a black and white filter which didn't work as it made the artist face really bright and almost distorted his features.

1 comment:

  1. You need to write about the contents page too. Comment on image, text, layout and style of work.

    ReplyDelete